A Brief Introduction About Private Home Care Service Agreement
A Private Home Care Service Agreement helps hire an individual or nurse to take care of someone else in exchange for payment. The caregiver could be a friend, a member of the family, or anyone. The caregiver is generally required to offer balanced meals, clean the room or home, housekeeping errands, and personal care requirements.
Who Takes the Private Home Care Service Agreement?
This is a document which is made between a caregiver and a client, or a caregiver and a guardian for a client, in which the caregiver settles to provide specific, defined caregiving services towards the client.
Purpose of Private Home Care Service Agreement
A personal care agreement is needed when you wish to hire a healthcare provider to assist in your home. Through this agreement, you grant the health care provider an authority over health. This agreement outlines the details of the patient regarding schedule, medications, and meals.
The purpose of the agreement is to clarify the roles and responsibilities and authority of the Healthcare Provider.
Contents of Private Home Care Service Agreement
Also, referred to as a private home health care contract OR an independent caregiver contract could also be used in circumstances wherein it involves a member of the family taking onto the caregiving responsibilities, you can also opt for a non medical home care service: in either case, it is good to have all of the terms and conditions amid the family members written down.
The agreement should ideally include
- The names of parties involved
- Date of the Commencement
- Scheduling of services
- Services to be rendered by the caregiver
- Background Checks
- Payment/Wage related-details
The caregiver contract comprises space for all the specific details for the caregiving services, along with standard contractual provisions, as required: things like a severability provision as well as governing law provision.
Also, this agreement comprises a confidentiality clause, making clear that the caregiver is expected to keep the details of the client’s life confidential and protected.
How to Draft the Private Home Care Service Agreement
The agreement is filled out by the parties when they have agreed towards the terms of the caregiving relationship amid them. This document addresses specific questions related to what the caregiving services shall include. Thus, it is a good idea to ensure the parties have discussed the details beforehand.
Before drafting the agreement, ensure that
- Details: Details of both the parties like who they are, whether the client is under a guardianship, as well as their contact information are filled out.
- Services: Information on caregiving services, which include services to be rendered, the fees, the schedule, as well as other arrangements, should be mentioned.
- Payments: It should comprise the rate or method of payment for the service provided.
- Personal Services: The caregiver shall provide assistance to activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and other activities.
- Household Services: The caregiver shall assist in Meal preparation according to a plan approved by “Employer”, shopping, errands, house cleaning, laundry.
- Record Keeping: The caregiver shall maintain records and accompany the client on errands and appointments as directed by the Employer.
- The caregiver shall know the whereabouts and the physical condition of “Client” at all times while on duty and will keep “Employer” informed of any changes. “Caregiver” is required to make a written record of any accidents or other sudden events that bring harm or risk of harm to “Client”. The caregiver will make use of emergency contact procedures to speak with an “Employer” representative personally about any such incidents.
- Probation Period: During the first three months of employment “Employer” may terminate this agreement at any time with or without notice and without severance pay.
When this document is filled out, it should be signed by the guardian and caregiver or the client and the caregiver, and then have each keep a copy. Either the caregiver or the client or guardian could fill out this agreement. Generally, it is more common for a guardian to be contracting a caregiver for these caregiving services, thus it is less likely the caregiver would be filling out the same. You can also refer to a sample caregiver contract for family member to ensure, you have all the clauses covered.
Benefits & Drawbacks of the Private Home Care Service Agreement
- The patient and family can control the selection of home health care providers.
- When home health providers are picked, they could develop personal relationships with the family and patient family, and not get distracted by other demands as they would in a private firm.
- Also, a person receiving home health care would get one-on-one attention, which provides physical as well as emotional benefits.
- In comparison to patients receiving home health care, patients in a hospital have access to a larger team of medically trained providers. This could be a great advantage in an emergency too. For those making use of home health care, they might have to wait for help to arrive, which can result in medical complications or even death, sometimes.
What Happens in Case of Violation?
If the agreement obligation has been breached or failed(1) to satisfy the required conditions of the agreement, bu either of the parties, then the parties may terminate the agreement with or without advance notice.
The agreement is made between a family member who wishes to provide caregiver services to a disabled or aging relative. This agreement could offer family caregivers security, ensuring they do not suffer undue financial consequences. This agreement could also offer your loved one peace of mind that she or he has a caring advocate that will manage his/her care requirements.