Global scope of work agreement for IT support, also known as scope of services agreement (SoS agreement), is an agreement between an organization and a provider of IT support services. The agreement is a contract between the two parties and clearly defines the scope of the work that the organization requires.
When Do You Need Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement?
If you are looking to outsource IT support function in your organization, you will have to get into this agreement. This technical contract defines the kind of IT support services you require.
Purpose of Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to create a detailed IT support services checklist, so that there is no scope for ambiguity between the expectations of the client and the services provided by the service provider.
It ensures that the organization provides a comprehensive list of the IT support services that it requires while the service provider acknowledges that they have the necessary tools, manpower and skills to offer those services over a fixed period of time.
[Also Read: Professional Services Agreement]
Inclusions in Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services
Some of the inclusions are:
- Names and addresses of the organization and the IT support service provider
- Actual purpose of the contract
- Scope of work
- Expected results of the scope of work
- Resources that will be available
- Total cost of the contract
- Date, time and deadlines for the IT support services
- Emergency solutions that are in place
- When will the contract come to an end?
- Penalty for not meeting the terms of the contract
- What happens if either party violates the terms of the agreement?
How to Draft Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement
When drafting this agreement, you should make ensure the following:
- Create an IT support services checklist and ensure the necessary support services are included in the contract. Each service should be individually mentioned along with the work it entails
- Mention the payment amount and the terms for payment. Any condition that might affect the payment should be highlighted clearly
- State the start and finish date of the services along with payment dates and termination of the services date
- How the service provider will ensure the client gets a report of the milestones and whether this report will come daily, weekly or monthly
Pros and Cons of Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement
Some advantages are:
- Organizations get affordable and quality IT support services without hiring full-time employees
- Allows both parties to be on the same page
- Organization can keep its IT infrastructure secure and up-to-date
- Clearly spells out the services that the IT services provider has to provide
- Payment details are clearly mentioned, so the organization knows what it is spending on IT support
A few disadvantages are:
- If the scope of work is not clearly defined, outsourcing may not offer the anticipated results
- The non-compete clause in the agreement can be too restrictive to stand in a court of law
- Can create hassles with sole rights to the use of products that the service provider creates for the organization
Types of the Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement
Two of the most commonly used types of this agreement are:
- Fixed Price Contract: Here, the organization offers a fixed payment monthly to the IT support services provider for the entire scope of work listed in the IT support contract
- Time-Based Contract: The service provider receives payment based on the number of hours that they devote to fulfil the scope of work mentioned in the technical support agreement
[Also Read: Corporate Contract]
Key Terms / Clauses in Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement
Some of the key terms in global scope of work agreement for IT support services agreement are as follows:
- Detailed scope of services: Create an IT support services checklist to ensure that the entire scope of services gets covered
- Payment terms: The contract clearly states the payment terms for the technical support service
- Non-compete clause: The clause ensures that the service provider does not offer the same services to a competitor
- Penalty clause: In case the service provider is unable to fulfil the scope of services, the penalty clause allows the client to deduct a percentage from the monies due
- Start and end of the contract: The agreement lists the start and end date for the IT support services
What Happens When You Violate Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services Agreement?
If the service provider violates the global scope of work agreement for IT support agreement, the client can levy a penalty as per the penalty clause of the agreement. Alternatively, the client can terminate the contract too.
In case the client violates the agreement, the contractor can make use of the remedies listed in the agreement or opt for legal recourse.
Sample for Global Scope of Work Agreement for IT Support Services
A sample of the agreement can be downloaded from below.For a better understanding of global scope of work agreement for IT support services agreement and to draft a fool proof agreement, download a sample here.
Download this USA Attorney made original Agreement for only $9.99