A consulting agreement, framed according to the laws of the United States, is a document which outlines the terms and conditions which will govern an agreement between two parties, companies or entities regarding consultancy facilities provided by one to the other. Such a document must be formulated according to the rules of the particular state of the United States, and it must be clear and watertight. Care should be taken to make it free of errors which in such cases can cause unpleasant repercussions and even lead to legal consequences. Some of the important points to remember as far as consulting documents are concerned include the following:
- It must conform to the guidelines laid down by the corporate law of the United States; otherwise civil cases will be the result. The consulting agreement must mention the client company, the consulting agency, the purpose of the consultancy services, and its duration.
- A consulting agreement must be clearly written by experienced professionals who are well versed in the technical and legal jargon which must be incorporated into such documents. Since the laws of the United States are strict with regards to corporate malfunction, care should be taken to ensure that all facts are carefully checked and recorded to ensure maximum transparency.
- A consulting agreement must contain information regarding the financial aspect of the deal. The payment to be made for consultancy services, the amount of jurisdiction allowed to the consulting agency, the kind of interaction to be maintained between the consulting agency and the client company and the kind of penalties to be imposed in case of breach of contracts must be clearly specified.
- A consulting agreement should also spell out the specific terms and conditions that will govern the consulting agreement. In case of corporate malpractice, this document shall come into use for suing the offending party. Since it is a legally endorsed document, the terms and conditions section of the consulting agreement must be read and clearly understood by both parties concerned.
- A consulting agreement must be ratified by witnesses and legal professionals in order to be declared activated and legally valid. This ensures a certain amount of responsibility on the part of corporate bodies, and ensures that proper legal forms are adhered to. Important and legally contentious issues like intellectual property rights, rights of information protection and so on, are also part of the consulting agreement document.